There are A LOT of books out there on management, leadership, innovation, and personal development. Many of them are really good! Some, not so much. I find that the best chance of finding a great one is a personal recommendation from someone in your network. Every book I’ve read recently in this space has come from a colleague or friend’s suggestion.
So, a few weeks ago I asked my network what their favorites were and was overwhelmed with the response! Thank you to everyone who contributed (tagged here)! I sincerely appreciate all of your input. I compiled the results in the doc below along with links out to purchase the digital books:
I hope you find this list useful! Please share with your networks, and if anyone has a book to add shoot me a DM on LinkedIn. Thanks!
For reference, here are my top five recommendations that started the discussion:
- “Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs” by John Doerr
- “The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter, Updated and Expanded” by Michael D. Watkins
- “The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail (Management of Innovation and Change)” by Clay Christensen
- “Losing My Virginity: How I Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way” by Richard Branson
- “The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers” by Ben Horowitz