Great data in this report from Business Insider.
Some great stats in here:
- 80% of smartphones globally run Android.
- 60% of tablets globally run Android.
- 60% of all new computing devices run Android.
- Android is now as popular with global developers as iOS.
- Android device fragmentation is improving: 61% of users are on Jelly Bean.
- iOS is very strong in the U.S., but weaker globally.
- “Mobile-first” is now “Mobile-also”; phablets and tablets are growing fast.
- Wearables are “new and next” but still in the early stages of adoption.